P-Moontool shows the Phase of the Moon on PalmOS devices.
- Shows the current phase of the Moon.
- The accuracy depends on the Time Zone You are in. Make sure you set it correct.
- The grayscale modes are available only on PalmOS 3.5 or above.
- Shows the dates for the 4 phases of the Moon (next event is underlined.)
- taping on a date brings up a dialog showing the time as well
- You can jump to any date You choose
- You can choose between fast and precise calculation
Terms and Conditions:
P-Moontool is free Software and distributed under the Terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL)
P-Moontool uses MathLib.
MathLib is free Software and distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
You may freely copy and distribute P-Moontool, as long as You also provide the source code.
(the source code to both P-Moontool and MathLib can be downloaded from the Project Homepage resp. MathLib's Homepage)
I make two exceptions to this rule:
- Beaming P-Moontool from one PalmOS Device to another is allowed
(without handing over a discette with the source ;-) )
- Download ONLY the binary package from the Project's homepage or a mirror site for personal use is allowed.
That means if You plan to distribute P-Moontool (for instance on CD-ROM, or on some WEB-Site) You may NOT just distribute the binary package, but You also have to distribute the source code packages of both P-Moontool and MathLib.
The Version History of P-Moontool (aka. Moon Phase):
||New Versions available on Sourceforge. Thanks to Manfred
||Fixed Icons for better Display on newer Devices
Fixed Moon Bitmaps to be square 100x100
||Use Systems Date Time Formats for Display
||PalmOS 5 fixes
||Added Option for Viewpoint (North, South or Equator)
Flickerfree redraw for PalmOS 3.5 or above
||Renamed project to P-Moontool due to Name Collision with older Program
Added Option to choose between speed and precision
||Added "now select the time" after date selection (req. PalmOS 3.1 or above)
Added Detailed Information when taping on a Date
Fixed Date/Time Formats for english version
Made the calculation of the dates more precise (was up to 20minutes off)
||Added "Go to Date", added Help, fixed Timezones
||first public release.
Latest Versions of P-Moontool (starting with Version 1.8) are available on Sourceforge now.
Thanks to Manfred for continuing development
You can reach me through the contact form.
Comments and BUG reports are appreciated any time